Introduction to Food Microbiology
This course is designed for non-food science graduates. It provides an overview of food microbiology.
1 day course
Taught by Industry Experts
Gain Real World Skills
This course provides an overview of food microbiology, such as the classification of various organisms including bacteria, viruses, yeasts and moulds. The course focuses specifically on issues of potential food poisoning caused by food borne pathogens and food spoilage. This course includes information on risks of specific organisms and control measures that can be implemented for a range of different foods.
• Recognising common microbial organisms of food safety concern
• Linking food safety organisms to illness outcomes
• Identifying common food safety interventions to control microbial hazards
• Reviewing microbial test results
• Microbial hazards and food safety impacts
• Common sources and foods associated with microorganisms of food safety concern
• Common processing and environmental controls of microorganisms of food safety concern
• Testing methods and interpretation of test results
Upon successful completion of assessment, a certificate of completion will be awarded.
This course is ideal for all Quality Assurance staff
There are no Prerequisites
Does this course have any assessment requirements?
This course has a short test designed to reinforce the key skills and knowledge outcomes and is required to achieve a certificate of completion
How do I access my certificate?
Your Statement of Completion will be sent to you upon successful completion and payment
To whom do I contact in case of any query regarding any of the courses?
For any course-related queries, please email customer support at firstname.lastname@example.org
Do I need access to a workplace to complete the assessment requirements for this course?
No, all assessments are included in this course.
What other courses are relevant to this course?
There are a range of other courses that are relevant to this course and food safety. These include: Principles and Applications of HACCP, Allergen Management, Recall Management and Mock Recalls, Cleaning and Sanitation.
- Principles and Applications of HACCP
- Allergen Management
- Recall Management and Mock Recalls
- Cleaning and Sanitation
- Pest Control
Choose Your Delivery Mode
Pick a delivery mode that best fits your schedule and goals. Secure your place now.
Continue your Professional Development with these popular courses for Quality Assurance Staff
Listeria management is, for many foods, a critical component of manufacturing safe foods.
The major cause of recalls in Australia is undeclared allergens.
Learn how to effectively implement a recall and reduce risk and exposure to your business.